Terms and Conditions
All assets must be used to introduce and promote Estonia.
All assets must not be used in paid advertising, except with permission from Enterprise Estonia. If you can’t determine, whether the usage is in accordance with the terms and conditions of use, send an e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Visual and Video Library available at toolbox.estonia.ee (this ‘Site’) is owned and operated by Enterprise Estonia (hereinafter referred to as EAS) to introduce and promote the Republic of Estonia. Acceptance of the Terms and Conditions means that the user has read all the Terms and Conditions below. User means the person, organization or company that uses the image.
You may not:
- modify the Site or use it for any commercial purpose or public display, performance, sale or rental;
- de-compile, reverse engineer, or disassemble and modify the Site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notices;
- mine, hack, spider, or survey the Site;
- transmit spam, bulk or unsolicited communications;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers (including URLs) in order to disguise the origin of any Content, published on the Site;
- misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- disrupt the normal flow of dialogue or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other Site users' ability to use the Site;
- engage in activities that would violate any fiduciary relationship, any applicable local, national or international law, or any regulations having the force of law, including but not limited to attempting to compromise the security of any networked account or site, operating an illegal lottery or gambling operation, stalking, or making threats of harm;
- collect or store personal data about other users unless specifically authorized by such users;
- collect or store Site data for any other purpose except as explicitly allowed herein
You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit via the Site any Content that:
- are inaccurate, harmful, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, racist, violent, offensive, harassing, or otherwise objectionable to EAS or other users of the Site;
- violate or infringe anyone's intellectual property or personal data rights;
- contain software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- contain unauthorized third-party commercial advertisements;
- are not in accord with the general good taste.
In order to access the Toolbox, please create an account. To create account, fill in the registration details (including providing your email address and a password, which we will use to verify your identity when you use this Site).
For what can materials be used
All visual and video materials are used to introduce the Republic of Estonia, the Estonian society or different fields of the Estonian economy and culture in Estonia and abroad.
Souvenirs, is allowed only if you confirm the designs and products with email@example.com.
For what can`t materials be used
In advertising campaigns and marketing activities that are directed to sell a certain product or service in Estonia.
It’s forbidden to use materials in paid advertising, except with permission from Enterprise Estonia.
Without clear reference to Estonia is not deemed to promote Estonia and is, therefore, prohibited.
If the product or service is not of Estonian origin or which lacks exposure to Estonia.
Adding materials to the photo or video library or to e-services for which the material usage and downloading takes place in an environment offered by a third person.
The typeface Aino and other materials can not be used in the designation or word marks (including being registered as a trade mark or as an industrial design) of a product or a service.
Use in a way that is not appropriate to the people and nature depicted on the materials.
It’s forbidden to change the materials in a way which knowingly damages Brand Estonia’s conception and wholeness. Also in a way that disparages Estonian businesses, society, products and services or in any manner inconsistent with Estonian or international law.
The user is liable for any claims for damages which may arise as a result of claims brought by copyright holders or people depicted in the image due to improper use.
Which copyrights accompany materials
All copyrights or licenses of materials belong to EAS. EAS gives users the right to use free materials for an unspecified term on the basis of a non-exclusive license.
The user can not grant the rights to give out sublicenses or sell materials on the basis of the received license. It is also forbidden to create databases using materials.
Should you wish to give the materials for use to third persons, then such materials must be downloaded through the toolbox.estonia.ee webpage. Making the materials available for the general public in databases, FTP-servers, cloud services etc. is forbidden.
Each download or actual usage of materials is accompanied by a license.
When publishing a photo or a video, the author’s name (for example Author of the photo/video first name and surname) must be noted if possible. When publishing the typeface Aino, the user must include the name of the author of the typeface by referring ,,The typeface created by Anton Koovit“ if possible.
EAS may, at any given moment, cancel the license, sending a notification containing such information to the user. If EAS has brought to attention that the user breaches materials’ conditions of use and the user does not terminate the infringing activity, EAS has the right to demand that the user would stop using materials and in addition, a contractual penalty of up to 2000 EUR for every infringement.
EAS has the right to change the license conditions at their own discretion. EAS may also change materials or cease making their materials accessible to the public.
user rights of aino typeface
Rights of the Aino typeface belong to Enterprise Estonia. This typeface can be used under a non-exclusive non-transferable license, without geographic restrictions, for promoting Estonia. The user does not have the right to modify the typeface.
A user (hereinafter referred to as the User) of the Aino typeface that belongs to Enterprise Estonia (hereinafter referred to as EAS) undertakes to comply with the following Conditions of Use:
- The User has the right to use the typeface under a non-exclusive non-transferable license, without geographic restrictions, in accordance with the intended purpose mentioned in clause 2.
- The User has the right to use the typeface to introduce Estonia anywhere in the world (hereinafter referred to as the Intended Use).
- The User has the right to use the typeface in its predetermined form. Changing the typeface or deviating from its Intended Use is not allowed.
- The User is not allowed to use the typeface for creating logos and wordmarks.
- The User undertakes to immediately notify EAS of any infringement of typeface rights by third parties discovered by the User.
- When publishing the typeface, the User is obliged to include the name of the author of the typeface in places where credits are mentioned (e.g. The typeface was created by Anton Koovit) if possible.
- In the case of infringement of the Conditions of Use of the typeface by the User, EAS has the right to forbid the User from future use of the typeface; EAS also has the right to use all civil law resources for the protection of copyright.
- EAS has the right to demand a contractual penalty of up to 2,000 euros for every infringement case, if the typeface has been changed or the User has deviated from its Intended Use.
user rights of photos
A user (hereinafter referred to as the User) of the photo and video bank that belongs to Enterprise Estonia (hereinafter referred to as EAS) undertakes to comply with the following Conditions of Use:
- The User has the right to use the photos and videos under a non-exclusive non-transferable license, without geographic restrictions, in accordance with the intended purpose mentioned in clause 2.
- The User has the right to use the photos and videos to introduce Estonia anywhere in the world (hereinafter referred to as the Intended Use).
- The User has the right to use the photos and videos in their predetermined form, incl. enlarging and reducing photos. Making significant changes to photos or videos or deviating from their Intended Use is not allowed.
- The User undertakes to immediately notify EAS of any infringement of the rights to use photos and videos by third parties discovered by the User.
- When publishing a photo or video, please include the name of the author of the photo or video when possible (e.g. The photo/video was created by first name and surname).
- In the case of infringement of the Conditions of Use of photos and videos by the User, EAS has the right to forbid the User from future use of the photos and videos of the EAS photo and video bank; EAS also has the right to use all civil law resources for the protection of copyright.
EAS has the right to demand a contractual penalty of up to 2,000 euros for every infringement case, if significant changes have been made to photos or videos or the User has deviated from their Intended Use.